In response to the continuing COVID -19 pandemic, the Executive Board continues to meet in order to prepare for the upcoming 2020-2021 season.
- The Board developed a Branding Committee early this past season to promote a new logo and Travel Jersey design. An internal competition was held among KMHA members and we are extremely proud to present the results to everyone. The Branding Committee thanks all those who participated in the contest.
- The Board continues to seek volunteers to fill all House League and Local League convenor positions. Anyone interested are asked to contact our Secretary.
- Very limited information regarding the upcoming season and what it will look like has been received from OHF and the OMHA.
- OHF has indicated there will be no Referee schools held in the coming season. OMHA has advised that any team that has registered and paid for a tournament should apply for a refund. All permits for sanctioned tournaments have been suspended.
- Since all tryouts for travel teams have been suspended, no team selection or player commitment at any level may be issued until hockey operations have resumed following Hockey Canada Board of Directors reinstatement of sanctioned activities.
- The OMHA general meeting, normally held in June, has been tentatively postponed to August 22.
- KMHA continues to postpone registration till more information becomes available.
- To protect the health and well being of all our members, players and staff, the Executive continue to seek answers on how our hockey season and programming will look.
- Issues such as self isolating, physical distancing, how to reduce exposure, avoiding large gathering of over 5 persons, face masks, disinfectants, cleaning of hockey facilities, when will ice arenas be opened, shortened seasons, travel of any kind are just some of the Boards concerns.
The Executive Board will continue to provide as much information as possible as soon as possible.
Be safe and be kind to each other.