Evaluation Process to Complete Development 1 ‘Certified’ Status
Upon successful attendance and completion of all pre-clinic and in-clinic tasks, the coach participant is deemed to hold Development 1 ‘Trained’ status.
The requirements to become Development 1 ‘Certified’ are successful completion of the following tasks:
1. Making Ethical Decisions (MED) Competition Introduction - Online evaluation – more information…
2. Written Assignment – NCCP Development 1 Coach Evaluation Criteria (D1 POST-TASK WORKBOOK), including the Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
· When these two items are completed, the coach can request a Field Evaluation.
NOTE: All evaluation requests should be submitted to the Director of Development & Education [email protected]
Kent Minor Hockey Association Field Evaluators
3. Provide schedule and identify possible date(s) for Field Evaluation.
· Coach must bring the following to the evaluation of the practice:
· Completed Coach Workbook (NCCP Development 1 Coach Evaluation Criteria)
· Copy of certificate from MED Competition Introduction – online evaluation
· Completed Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
· Copy of the Practice Plan to be executed during the Field Evaluation
4. Field Evaluation – Practice
· When Field Evaluation is complete, the coach will be provided a copy of the evaluation, debrief and action plan documents.
· Upon successful completion of the field evaluation and other requirements, the coach’s Hockey Canada Registry (HCR) profile and CAC Locker transcript will be updated.
· D1 ‘Certified’ status is valid for 5 years. In order to maintain ‘Certified’ status, coaches are required to obtain 20 Professional Development (PD) points over that 5-year period.
Questions / Inquires
For additional information regarding Coaching Certification visit www.omha.net or contact Derek Fitzmorris, Director Development & Education [email protected]