The Provincial Government has extended the current shutdown of arenas and the new reopening date will be Monday, January 31, 2022.
Effective January 31 the follow restrictions will be in place:
- Non-Spectator areas: 50% of capacity of the overall area.
- Spectator Areas: 50% of seating capacity or 500 people whichever is less.
- COVID screening is still required
- Enhanced Proof of Vaccine is required
- Patrons (players, parents) 12 years and older must show proof of enhanced vaccination (QRCode) upon entering the facilities. Vaccination receipts (without QR code) as well as Doctors notes will no longer be accepted. Masks are required when inside the facility except when participating in the sport.
- Canteen facilities will not reopen at this time,
- Teams will be responsible for checking vaccination records for all persons entering the arena.
KMHA will not be rescheduling games and practices missed during this shutdown as our ice contract with the Municipality expires at the end of March.
House League Day of Champs is scheduled for the weekend of March 26-27. OMHA playdowns for the travel division will begin the first week of February.
All players are encouraged to check the game and practice schedule which will be posted and updated by January 31.
Please be safe and enjoy the rest of our season.